Job Opening- Creative Learning Specialist
Get paid to teach and learn about animatronics with this Fun & Flexible, Part Time/Full Time Job!
Garner Holt Education through Imagination is seeking energetic and imaginative creative learning specialists to lead fun educational experiences for students of all ages!
This part time/full time position is ideal for self-motivated candidates looking for a fun way to grow their skills!
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to innovating teaching and learning? Inspired by the work of Garner Holt Productions Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of theme park animatronics, Garner Holt Education through Imagination is a team of educators and industry professionals dedicated to producing world-class educational environments, programs, products and resources to provide students with a strong foundation in creativity, innovation, technology and entrepreneurship to keep pace with our nation’s need to create students who are college and career ready in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. We believe students inspired through this educational approach are poised to change the world for good.
The Creative Learning Specialist performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports Garner Holt Education through Imagination’s mission and vision of inspiring learners of all ages through the fun, engaging, and innovative work of the creation of theme park animatronics. The Creative Learning Supports supports experiential learning programs, virtually and in person, through high-quality and highly enthusiastic instruction. This position reports to the Director of Creative Learning.
- Interact with students in a professional manner, offering constructive, encouraging, and timely feedback
- Encourage complex thinking, participation, and discussion by all students
- Create an engaging learning environment for students to explore
- Qualified candidates must be skilled in both customer service and public speaking.
- Provide operational support for experiential learning programs
- Learn to effectively operate audio/visual tech booth (training provided)
- Lead virtual and live tours with enthusiasm, vibrancy, passion, and knowledge (training provided)
- Prepare and ensure availability of program materials
- Anticipate guest needs and communicate with others as needed
- Prepare and plan lessons for virtual and in-person instruction
- Calendar and coordinate virtual and in-person learning experiences
- Communicate regularly with other staff toward defined goals and/or required results
- Must have a positive attitude when interacting with customers and co-workers
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn and assume responsibility; seek out and accept increased responsibility; display a “can do” approach to work.
Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience or training as an educational program provider, instructor, performer, or tour leader is desirable; valid California driver license required.
- Garner Holt Productions, Inc.
- Effective customer relations skills
- Communicate effectively with large and diverse groups, both orally and in writing
- Work effectively with customers and colleagues, as part of a diverse team environment
- Maintain a high performance environment characterized by strong team orientation
- Work independently without supervision
- Manage time effectively and efficiently (prioritize tasks)
- Follow instructions and learn fast
- Be punctual and professional
- Be flexible and support the organization with various duties as needed
- Handle complex customer interactions
- Self-motivate to improve quantity and quality of work performed displaying a high level of effort and commitment
- Operate effectively within the organizational structure, always demonstrating trustworthiness and responsible behavior
- Show persistence and seek alternatives when obstacles arise; seek alternative solutions; do things before being asked or forced to by events
- Work within the system in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals; show flexibility in response to process change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures
- Accept direction and feedback from supervisor and follow through appropriately
- Work when scheduled; begin and end work as expected; call in according to policy when arriving late for work or when absent; observe policies on break and lunch periods; use work time appropriately
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Prior experience instructing others is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
Education & Certifications
- California driver license in good standing
- Background Check and Drug Screen
- Valid CA teaching credential is a plus
- Location: Garner Holt Education through Imagination, Redlands, CA
- Duration: Part time, Full time
- Positions available: Multiple part-time and full-time positions available
- Compensation: $16.00-$21.00/hour depending on experience
- Candidates must be available for an interview if contacted.
- We encourage applicants to communicate their own talents and passions. We love to find talented educators who are also talented artists, technicians, makers, and more!
- Walking tours last approximately 90 minutes, covering about one mile of ground, and have anywhere from 2 to 35 guests. Creative Learning Specialists will lead tours and must have the ability to walk/stand for the tour duration.
What We Are Looking For
Part time employees must be available to work between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday for a total of 18-20 hours per week.
Full time employees must be available to work 8:00 am until 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, with varying hours as needed.
We want all of our staff to love what they do, and to love working with us.
We are excited to meet you and hope you have what it takes to join Garner Holt Education through Imagination!
Inspired by the work of Garner Holt Productions Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of theme park animatronics, Garner Holt Education through Imagination is a team of educators and industry professionals dedicated to producing world-class educational programs and resources to provide students with a strong foundation in creativity, innovation, technology and entrepreneurship to keep pace with our nation’s need to create students who are college and career ready in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. We believe students inspired through this educational approach are poised to change the world for good.